about holistic massage
Holistic massage is a form of massage that explicitly acknowledges and works with the mind-body connection, or biopsychosocial model, that asserts that biological, psychological and social factors all play a significant role in human functioning and therefore in wellbeing.
It is a therapeutic application of touch that slows the mind, relaxes and energises the body and balances emotions.
Each session lasts one hour and takes place in a calm, comfortable environment. The massage is oil-based and is done directly on the skin.
In a typical session:
- We will discuss how you feel and what you want from the session.
- You will get undressed and under towels, ready to be worked on.
- I will work on your whole body, as all of your body is connected.
- When the treatment is over you will have a few moments to bring yourself back to the here and now.
- You get yourself up and dressed.
- We will have a little wrap-up discussion.